The part-time Children’s Ministry director will be responsible for developing a comprehensive program of Christian education for nursery through fifth grade. This includes the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s ministry at Asbury Methodist Church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cast the vision and set goals and objectives for Children’s Ministry that is in line with the vision and mission of the church.
- Train and equip teachers and volunteers and conduct the appropriate background checks for those
serving in Children’s ministry.
- Have knowledge of children’s development and serve as an advocate for children.
- Mentor and develop the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers with the goal of developing their leadership skills.
- Develop and nurture relationships with children and their families.
- Select curriculum and supplemental teaching aids.
- Provide the necessary resources to develop the Children’s Ministry programming, staff and lay leaders.
- Recruit and train teachers, facilitators and volunteers to work with children in the various aspects of Children’s Ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support, and adult to children ratios.
- Develop an annual budget and manage the disbursement of budgeted funds for Children’s Ministries.
- Maintain communication with the congregation to strengthen and promote the Children’s Ministry among church members, parents and the community.
- Disciple the kids, parents, and volunteers who participate in Children’s Ministry.
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Plan and execute all special activities related to Children’s Ministry: mid-week ministry program, varied on campus events, VBS, summer camp, retreats.
- Attend staff meetings
- Report to Senior Pastor
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven expertise in administration, formal training in Children’s Ministry preferred.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter and excellent in following through on details.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy relationships
- Possess the ability to understand current issues related to safety and security.
- Evidence of a growing relationship with Christ.
- Prepared to serve as an ambassador of Christ to others.
20 hours per week
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.