Job Details: 3/4 Time Director of Family Ministries
Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000 per year
The Director of Family Ministries will be responsible for developing a comprehensive program of Christian education for nursery through twelfth grade.. This includes the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s and Youth ministry at Asbury Methodist Church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cast the vision and set goals and objectives for children and youth ministries in line with the vision and mission of the church.
- Train and equip teachers and volunteers and conduct the appropriate background checks.
- Have knowledge of children and youth development and serve as an advocate for children and youth.
- Mentor and develop the children and youth ministry volunteers with the goal of developing their leadership skills.
- Develop and nurture relationships with children/youth and their families.
- Select curriculum and supplemental teaching aids.
- Provide the necessary resources to develop the children and youth ministry programming.
- Recruit and train teachers, facilitators and volunteers and ensure adequate volunteer support, and adult to children ratios.
- Be a part of the worshiping community of Asbury Methodist Church on a regular basis.
- Develop an annual budget and manage the disbursement of budgeted funds for children and youth ministries.
- Maintain communication with the congregation to strengthen and promote the children and youth ministries among church members, parents and the community.
- Disciple the kids, parents, and volunteers who participate in these ministries.
- Communicate regularly with parents.
- Plan and execute all special activities related to children and youth ministries, in cooperation with volunteers: Sunday School, mid-week ministry program, varied on campus events, VBS, summer camp, retreats.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Report to Senior Pastor.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven expertise in administration, formal training in ministry preferred.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter and excellent in following through on details.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy relationships
- Possess the ability to understand current issues related to safety and security.
- Evidence of a growing relationship with Christ.
- Prepared to serve as an ambassador of Christ to others.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.